91 DESIGNS

graphic design, posters, logos, 2d /3d, ideas comments, graphic resources

Modularity























Michaela Baril- ART391-Modularity
I created my alphabet starting with a simple black box and "cutting-out" shapes in order to form letters. I tried to keep the cut-outs as simple as possible with as many curved lines, rather than sharp corners, as possible.

Pedro Rodriguez - Font styles of Birth of a Hero by Last Soundtrack




Dayna Bieber/art 491/modularity
This font was inspired by the artist Piet Mondrian. the geometric forms reflect his use of grid structure and the color is representative of his use of primary colors. I have designed a modern typeface applicable in many contexts.
































Victoria Nazir-Sampaio, ART391, "Hair Today"

I wanted this piece to be handmade and organic, because so many typefaces today are made digitally. I also wanted the letters to demonstrate a part of me to make them MY personal alphabet. To illustrate the letters, I used locks of my hair to make each letter's shape. I held the shapes together with bobby pins, photographed them, and manipulated the images in photoshop.